FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Restaurant Bouchard Inc.
Bouchard Restaurant & Inn Will Re-Open As Chanterelle Restaurant
The new year will bring the same great experience under a new name
Newport, RI: It is with great excitement and anticipation that we announce the rise of a new era for our space at Bouchard Restaurant & Inn. We will be introducing our new restaurant concept effective in February, Chanterelle, featuring the same service and culinary expertise you know and love. Chanterelle will allow for a varied number of choices and dining experiences, which we hope will be invigorating to our return guests and intriguing to those who are experiencing the restaurant for the first time. Chanterelle will continue to offer the kind of experience that you enjoy on special occasions, and hopefully, will become part of your regular dining experience. We have set up new social media pages, please follow us for information on opening date and when reservations become available.
We would like to take the opportunity to speak to some questions our guests may have about these changes:
- Why Chanterelle? The Bouchards have been semi-retired for the past few years now and feel the hardworking people behind the scenes should be recognized and receive the accolades for their hard work. Chanterelle is spelled the same in French and English and is a staple in both French and American cuisine. Chanterelle Restaurant will also be a blend of creative French and American fare, under the direction of Jessica Odunwa (Albert’s Protégé). Jessica is a graduate of Johnson & Wales University and would be the Executive Chef, with Albert playing a consultative role. The cuisine and service will remain the same, but the name will have changed.
- Gift certificates for Bouchard Restaurant & Inn and The Revolving Door Restaurant will continue to be eligible for use at Chanterelle and our inn, as they currently are.
- We currently are planning to offer an a la carte style menu, which will be published on our website.
- We plan to return to a more traditional operation that is not tied to a seating, opening at 5pm until 9pm Thursday through Monday. We will continue to be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. We are making one exception, we will be open this Valentine’s Day which is Tuesday the 14th.
- We appreciate your trust and understanding as we come on board with reservations and actual launch date. We are aiming to be ready to serve you in the beginning of February, barring any large complications. We may be a little shy of our 21-day reservation availability, but will be alerting those who follow our pages on social media when reservations come back online.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
About Restaurant Bouchard Inc.: Restaurant Bouchard Inc. owns and operates Bouchard Restaurant, Bouchard Inn, and The Revolving Door Restaurant. Established in 1995, Restaurant Bouchard Inc. has been a staple on Lower Thames and has been awarded Top 100 Restaurants in the Unites States on Opentable 5 times, including this past year.
Escape The Every Day
Stay And Dine With Us In Newport
Chanterelle Restaurant At Bouchard Inn is one of Newport’s premier dining and lodging establishments. For over 20 years, we have been providing artfully-inspired dishes and comfortable rooms and suites for visitors. All located within the very heart of Newport just steps from the harbor, Chanterelle Restaurant At Bouchard Inn is close to everything Newport has to offer, from shopping and attractions along the waterfront to Newport’s famous mansions. Free off-street parking is available for our dining patrons- please inquire inside the restaurant to receive your parking pass.
Discover New Taste
— Award-Winning Hospitality
Your Ultimate Lodging Experience
The 6 rooms above Chantarelle Restaurant were originally purchased by Albert & Sarah in 2005 then known as the Hammet House Inn and has functioned as The Bouchard Inn since then. The Harbor House directly behind the restaurant was added in 2009, including another 5 rooms to Bouchard Inn. With the opening of The Revolving Door in 2014 another 4 rooms were added.
All of our guest rooms feature private baths and sitting areas, private, secure entrance, air conditioning, free off-street parking, free wi-fi. Our first class culinary team creates homemade pastries using only the freshest ingredients for your continental breakfast brought to you each morning.
Chanterelle will continue to offer the kind of experience that you enjoy on special occasions, and hopefully, will become part of your regular dining experience.
— Restaurant Bouchard Inc.
Albert and his wife Sarah loved the ocean and decided to settle in Newport, Rhode Island with their classic motor yacht, once owned by Humphrey Bogart, and start their own restaurant. With its proximity to Boston and New York, they felt Newport was an ideal place to be. With Albert as chef and Sarah managing the dining room and designing the boutique inn rooms, Bouchard Restaurant and Inn grew to become a top culinary and lodging destination in New England. For over 20 years, Chef Albert and Sarah have been providing artfully-inspired dishes and comfortable rooms and suites for their visitors.
— Executive Chef
Jessica Odunwa has been with the company since 2011, coming by way of an internship through Johnson and Wales university. Her dedication and passion for her craft have shone brighter than we ever could have hoped. She has proven to be the perfect successor for Albert’s role as executive chef and continues to surprise with her innovative takes on traditional French cuisine.
— Inn Manager
Carmen Ratoi never ceases to amaze us with her talent for people and her extraordinary work ethic. If you have called the front desk, dined with us, or stayed at the inn, you have no doubt come across her warm smile that you can see and hear. Hailing from Romania, Carmen has been a part of the team for 15 years, and has been managing the inns for the last 9 years.
Work With Us
Chanterelle is always eager to discuss employment opportunities with people who have a passion for hospitality. If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.